State-Of-The-Art Surgical Care for Your Pet
If your pet needs emergency surgery or routine spaying or neutering, head to the modern and well-equipped Massapequa Hospital For Animals.
We utilize state-of-the-art equipment and an updated surgical suite to provide the best care possible for your pet.
- Clean, well-equipped surgical suite
- Digital X-rays
- Pet ultrasounds
Trust Our Experienced Veterinarians
Serving the South Shore of Long Island since 1951, this practice offers your pet the best surgical care in the area. From routine spaying or neutering to orthopedic procedures, we can handle your small animal's surgical needs.
- Spaying and neutering
- Mass removal
- Abdominal surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Emergency surgery
We provide a wide range of surgical services for your pet. We recommend that your dog or cat be neutered or spayed usually between 5 and 6 months of age. We also offer declaw procedures for our feline patients, if their owners feel it is necessary.
As your pet matures it oftentimes becomes necessary to undergo general anesthesia for both minor and major surgical procedures. We have the experience and knowledge to be able to perform many of these surgeries. Some of the more common surgeries include:
- Removal of growths (neoplasms), including skin, subcutaneous, mammary, oral, and others, as well as biopsy submission of these lesions.
- Cystotomy surgery (removal of urinary bladder stones).
- Gastrotomy and enterotomy surgery (stomach and intestinal procedures to remove swallowed foreign bodies or to excise neoplasms.
- Ruptured anterior (cranial) cruciate ligament surgery and medial patella surgery. These both involve your pet's knee joint. We are fortunate to have on-call a board-certified veterinary surgical specialist to perform these procedures at our hospital with the post-operative guidance and support of our own doctors and licensed veterinary technicians.
- Laceration and reconstructive wound repair.